Collections FAQs


Where do I make my payments?

After your first payment, which must be made in person, you can make payments a number of ways:

  • In person at the Dallas County Courthouse in the Clerk's office anytime from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  • Over the phone by calling 515-993-5816
  • Online at this website (click on the pay fines online link, then enter the type of case, DALLAS County, then your first and last name then search) 

How can I pay?

You can pay your fines using cash, credit/debit card or check.  Cash must be paid in person at the Clerk of Court's office.  Money orders are accepted in person or by mail.  Debit/Credit are accepted in person, online, or over the phone.   Always provide your case number to ensure tat your payment is properly credited. 

Can I set up a wage assignment/payroll deduction to pay my fines?

With the cooperation of your employer. you can sign up to have your payments directly deducted from your paycheck.  To do this you will need to fill out a "Voluntary wage assignment"through our office. Contact Collections Attorney Ronald Forsell or Collections Secretary Jesi Nelson to start this process. 

There is a hold on my registration how do I get that hold lifted?

If you have a hold preventing you from registering your vehicle, or renewing your license plates, you will need to enter a payment plan.  If you are not already on a payment plan, your first month's payment is 10% of the total amount owed, or $75, whichever is greater.  If you are currently on a payment plan, you must be current on all payments before the hold will be lifted.