Healthy people in safe, healthy communities and environments
To promote, protect and improve the public’s health through surveillance, education, care coordination, disease prevention, mobilization of community resources, and enforcement of public health policies and regulations
Ten Essential Public Health Services
Dallas County Public Health Nursing has adopted the nationally recognized Essential Public Health Services as our guiding framework. We are committed to developing our goals and conducting our activities in accordance with these essential services.
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise available.
- Assure competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems