The Dallas County Department of Planning and Development was created in the early 1990’s by the Dallas County Board of Supervisors to serve the growing planning and development needs of the unincorporated areas of Dallas County. The Department of Planning and Development is responsible for the following Chapters of the Dallas County Code of Ordinances and Maps:
- Proposed Chapter 41 - Perry Airport Ordinance
- Chapter 40: Floodplain Management Ordinance
- Chapter 42: Subdivision Regulations Ordinance
- Chapter 45: Zoning Ordinance for the Unincorporated Areas of Dallas County
- Chapter 47: Uniform Construction Codes Ordinance
- Chapter 48: Small Wind Energy Conversion Systems Ordinance
- Zoning Map (Wall Size): July 2014
- Zoning Map (Half Size): July 2014
- Zoning Map (11"x17"): July 2014
The Department of Planning and Development staff provides services and assistance regarding subdivision review, rezoning, building inspection, code enforcement, conditional use permits, floodplain management, and other matters that come before the Planning and Zoning Commission, the Board of Adjustment, and the Dallas County Board of Supervisors.
By providing these services the Department of Planning and Development is able to provide for and manage growth in Dallas County’s unincorporated areas.
Please see the links to the left to learn more about the functions of the Dallas County Department of Planning and Development.