The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently concluded that the nasal spray flu vaccine (FluMist) should not be used during the 2016–2017 flu season based on data from the two previous flu seasons showing low effectiveness of the nasal spray vaccine. In order to ensure that members have access to the best possible protection, Wellmark has taken the CDC’s recommendation and therefore will not cover the nasal FluMist but will continue to cover the injectable flu vaccine effective July 1, 2016.
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision) are offered as a complete insurance package; however, employees may choose to accept dental coverage only.
• Employees entitled for benefits (40 hours a week) are eligible at the 1st of the month following their first 30 days as a Dallas County employee.
• Open enrollment for health benefits begins on June 1st and ends on June 30th of each year.
• Health insurance offers two levels of coverage: Single & Family. Dependents eligible for health insurance coverage are:
- Your spouse (A husband or wife as the result of a marriage that is legally recognized in Iowa. This does not include a spouse from whom you are legally separated or divorced.)
- Your domestic partner (same sex or opposite sex)
- Your dependent children (your natural child, a child placed with you for adoption or a legally adopted child, a child for whom you have legal guardianship, a stepchild, & a foster child.)
• Your dependent child may be covered for health insurance through the end of the year in which they turn age 26. The dependent child under age 27 can be:
- A student or non-student
- Live in Iowa or outside Iowa
- Be unmarried or married (a dependent's spouse is not eligible for coverage)
• Your dependent child who is an unmarried, full-time student in an accredited institution of postsecondary education may be covered regardless of age.
• Your unmarried dependent child who is totally and permanently disabled, physically or mentally, may be covered regardless of age. (The disability must have existed before the dependent child turned age 27 or while a full-time student.)
You may be required to provide documentation that a dependent is eligible as defined above.
Employee's enrolled in the County's health insurance plan are eligible for discounts on fitness memberships (Anytime Fitness, Snap Fitness, and a few others), meal programs and a variety of other products. Check out the deals here through Wellmark's Blue365 program: https://www.blue365deals.com/
Life & Long Term Disability (LTD)
• Eligible the first of the month following 30 days of employment. 100% County paid.
- LTD coverage is 66.66% x your monthly salary after 120 waiting period.
- Life & AD&D- $35,000 policy on employee.
• Supplemental Life Insurance is available at 100% employee paid.
• Employees participate in the IPERS retirement plan beginning the first day of their employment.
IPERS Rates 7/1/16 - 6/30/17
|Employee %||County %||Classification|
• A 457(b) deferred compensation plan is available to state and local governments to allow employees to defer income taxation on retirement savings into future years. These programs are intended as a supplement to other retirement savings accumulated by an individual such as IPERS, 401(k) savings and IRA’s.
• Eligible the first of the month following 30 days of employment. 100% Employee paid. AFLAC Individual Policies
Flexible Spending Accounts
• Eligible the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
• Flex Spending Accounts are available through Take Care® by Wage Works. This program allows you to set aside pretax dollars (before state, Federal and FICA taxes) to reimburse yourself for eligible health or dependent care expenses. The annual allowable contributions are as follows:
- Medical: $2,550; Dependent Care: $5,000
• You or your supervisor should report the injury to Company Nurse at (888) 770-0928 and you should go to the County’s designated physician for all workers’ compensation injuries or illnesses, Medical Provider Lakeview Occupational Medicine, if needed. In case of an EMERGENCY, employees should dial 911 &/or be taken to the nearest emergency room for treatment.
• Company Nurse reports the claim to Dallas County’s designated worker’s compensation carrier, Iowa Municipalities Workers Compensation Carrier (IMWCA).
• Eligible first day of employment. 100% county paid. Administered by Employee & Family Resources. 24 hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year
• Employees & eligible family members receive three (3) consultations per year in areas of life coaching, legal services, financial consultation, eldercare resources, and other crisis issues.
• Vacation, holidays, sick leave, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and other time-off programs.