The old Milwaukee Railroad Depot in Dawson, which was built in 1889, is one of the few surviving Milwaukee Depots, possessing almost all of its original integrity.
With funding provided by multiple donations and grants, the depot is a prime example of “adaptive reuse” as it now serves as a trailhead and welcoming oasis for bicyclists/walkers/joggers using the Raccoon River Valley Trail.
The old waiting room area has been developed into a restroom and resting area. Interpretive displays featuring the natural, prehistoric, historic, cultural and recreational aspects of the area will be installed in the old baggage room.
The depot is open from 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. daily from May 1 - October 31.
307 Railroad Ave.